May 8, 2018
DWETS VS. BOTTLED WATER
• Plastic waste is the most prevalent form of pollution found on our beaches and in our oceans
• Drink bottles are one the most common types of plastic waste in 2016 480 billion plastic bottles were sold – that’s a million bottles per minute or 20,000 bottles every second.
• Fewer than half of these bottles were collected for recycling and most end up in landfills and our oceans— every square mile of the ocean has over 46,000 pieces of floating plastic in it.
• Between 5m and 13m tons of plastic pollutes the world’s oceans each year and is ingested by sea birds, fish and other organisms
• It is expected that by 2050 the ocean will contain more plastic by weight than fish.
• Plastic production is set to double in the next 20 years and quadruple by 2050.
Nearly 50% of Bottled water is actually just repackaged tap water and costs well in excess of 1,000 times more, even with a filter.
No. The majority of evidence shows that it’s actually worse for you. studies show that bottled water samples can contain phthalates, mold, microbes, benzene, trihalomethanes, even arsenic.